Hi, my name is Nicole Kuhn. I am a Gentle Sleep Coach trained and certified by Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a. The Sleep Lady®)
While pursuing a career in the nursing field, I became blessed with my beautiful daughter. I then decided to put my career on hold to be a mom. After struggling with my daughter's sleep issues, I decided to seek professional help, and found Kim West's method. The results changed my family's life. I went from co-sleeping and nursing throughout the night, to having free time to myself.
I felt drawn to this field, and compelled to help other families find a better night's sleep. For this reason, in January 2016, I joined the Gentle Sleep Coach Advance Program.
Gentle Sleep Coach
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is currently the most extensive and professional sleep certification available. The program involves over 100 hours of training with a faculty panel that includes 2 medical doctors, a psychologise, and attorney lactation counselor, postpartum doulas anda family therapist. Each coach must pass an exam and participate in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach.
Gentle Sleep Consultant Training
- Basic counceling and child development
- Sleep scient and behavioral modification techniques to help parents of children age 0 to 6 years old
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for breastfeeding mothers
Lectures from Top Specialists:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennet, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of the Children's Sleep Center
- Effects of GERD and Sleep from Dr Anthony Loizides, Pediatric Gastroenterologist
The GSC Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series directly centered around how to gently work with babies 4 and 5 months of age. This program which I have also completed, consists of over 40 hours of instruction and mentorship.
- Understanding the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being.
- Evidence-based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the 4-6 month old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gengle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby
This speciality training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies 4-6 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.